If you are like me, you probably have a hard time eating the recommended 5-9 veggies/fruits per day! Even though I do believe everyone needs to supplement certain vitamins, I know it is always better to get my vitamins from whole foods instead of a pill!
When my kids were growing up, we were always struggling to get them to eat the many veggies per day that we knew they needed. That is why we starting making the "daily green drink" for all of us.
We found that it is so much easier to get a couple of our daily veggies and fruits consumed by drinking them in a delicious smoothie-type drink! Here is an example of how we do it:
In a blender, mix the following and drink a large glass once or twice daily:
1 cup cold water
1/2 cup "no sugar" added juice (grape or pomegranate or orange)
2-3 cups of organic spinich and kale or greens blend (Keep these in the freezer so they will make drink cold each time)
1/2 cup organic baby carrots
1/2 cup organic baby tomatoes
1 pear or 1 cup berries for flavor or 1 banana
2 Tablespoons Organic Virgin Coconut Oil-Try Nature's Way Organic
1 Scoop Greens Powder-Try Organic Greens
Blend well until desired consistency.
My kids actually would ASK for the green drink! They loved it, and I felt good that at least a couple of veggies were being consumed by them daily!
Another alternative is to buy a "juicer" and make the drink. We found that a blender worked just fine, although the drink is a little thicker with the blender!
You can also try and add different fruits and veggies to find your favorite type. Just make sure to add lots of greens! Try and drink one each morning for increased immunity and energy through the day!
I think I will go and make one right now :)
I am really excited about a new (inexpensive) supplement that my husband and I recently started taking for our health. It is called Chlorophyll, and it is made from the green pigment in plants. Many green veggies that we should all eat contain Chlorophyll (spinach, kale, broccoli, lettuce, etc.).
As my husband and I sometimes struggle to eat enough of the daily greens, we really love drinking the liquid Chlorophyll with water or adding it to our "green" drinks. The brand we purchased has a mint flavor from Now.
The list of health benefits is almost endless with Chlorophyll to include the following:
1. It works as a detox for heavy metals in the blood. Chlorophyll cleanses the blood and supports a healthy digestion for toxin removal.
2. It deodorizes the body internally alleviating bad breath or body odor!
3. It is loaded with antioxidants that fight cancers.
4. It aids the liver in a purifying mode.
5. It helps to clear skin problems because it balances the alkalinity in our bodies. Most of us are heavy on the acidic side due to our diets of red meat, heavy sugar and processed foods. The Chlorophyll helps to balance this problem because of the high alkalinity in it bringing our bodies back into the proper PH.
6. It helps to eliminate parasites and candida yeast which is due to heavy sugar diets. It also helps to curb "sweet tooth" cravings thus encouraging weight loss.
7. Chlorophyll removes carcinogens from unhealthy food that has been eaten when taken before or after eating.
8. It oxygenates the blood to give us more energy! This one is huge for me as I have struggled with fatigue in the past due to thyroid problems.
I could go on and on with many other health benefits, but basically this is one POWERHOUSE supplement for the whole family.
Because Chlorophyll Liquid is VERY green, you must be careful not to spill it on clothes. Also, swish your mouth out after drinking it, or you may temporarily look like the "Green Goblin":)